mlo1972 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Silk Performer Workbench 18.5 recording "Can’t connect securely to this page" in IE

All,

New to the forum and Silk Performer.   I had experience with BMC TMART.   I am trying to make a HTML monitor in Workbench.    I am able to access the websites if Workbench recorder is not open.   When I model a recording, I am unable to get to the sites.   In IE I get the following Message:  "Can’t connect securely to this page. This might be because the site uses outdated or unsafe TLS security settings. If this keeps happening, try contacting the website’s owner." In Firefox, I get the following message:  "SSL_ERROR_NO_CYPHER_OVERLAP".

Any ideas why I am having issues with the cypher communication?   I have tried all the settings in the active profile.   Automatic:Automatic, TLS1.2 with the various Encryption types.

I am pulling my hair out on this one.   Any ideas would greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Matt

Tags (2)
0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Silk Performer Workbench 18.5 recording "Can’t connect securely to this page" in IE

Hi Matt.

Is the problem with all sites, or only certain ones? Can you record https://demo.borland.com for example?

If its only certain ones you might need to pass the exact cipher. The 'Ecryption strength' field in the SP Profile setting is a free entry box so you are not limtied to the drop down list.

You can find the exact cipher used via openssl. There' a built-in openssl within the SP root dir.
0 Likes
mlo1972 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: Silk Performer Workbench 18.5 recording "Can’t connect securely to this page" in IE

Thank you for the reply. It's all sites. I will look dive into openssl in SP to identify the specific issues. Hopefully I can get it figured out.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

You shouldn't need to specify a specific cipher for every site. You can check the cipher with openssl easily, like so:

C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Performer 18.5>openssl s_client -connect demo.borland.com:443

In this case, the cipher used is ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384.

Are you able to open a support incident?
0 Likes
mlo1972 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am in the process of getting my support information set up. I hope to have that done today.

Would you then put ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384 in the active profile?

Thanks,

Matt
0 Likes
mlo1972 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am in the process of getting my support information set up. I hope to have that done today.

Would you then put ECDHE-RSA-AES256-SHA384 in the active profile?

Thanks,

Matt
0 Likes
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Yep, thats the theory but I think there must be something else going wrong there.

Did you try recording https://demo.borland.com and entering that cipher into the AP field?
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.