Our vBulletin migration is complete.
Welcome vBulletin users! All content and user information from the Micro Focus Forums (vBulletin) site has been migrated to this site. READ MORE.
ruthan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SilkPerformer 19.5 Try out script (IE11-W7 64bit) stuck on Browser navigate-certicate warning

Hello,
i try to run scripts from my colleague, in Firefox and Chrome its working fine, but when i try IE mode, its stuck on first browser action - Browser navigate (perfBrowserApp is executed), i when i try it in normal IE 11 i get certificate error, but i can click on ignore error and continue, when i run PerfBrowser stand alone, i can do it too, but.. in Try out mode, im getting stuck, and there is not any windows.

How to solve that?

0 Likes
7 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: SilkPerformer 19.5 Try out script (IE11-W7 64bit) stuck on Browser navigate-certicate warning

hi,

in general we recommend to configure your test system and your browsers on the replay agents to run without any warning or info messages.

removing certificate errors for IE is described in SP help: uncheck "warn about certificate address missmatch" checkbox in IE - internet options - advanced tab

hope that helps,
udo
0 Likes
ruthan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: SilkPerformer 19.5 Try out script (IE11-W7 64bit) stuck on Browser navigate-certicate warning

Thanks, but i already tried this options and its not good enough (i make bypass errror manually in the browser,but Silk is stuck on it with its browser implementation) .
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

the script runs fine in IE mode for your colleagues an their replay agents? then you need to check what IE settings they are using, what certificates are installed, ...

another option is to re-record the use case, your handling of upcoming dialog boxes is recorded then and applied on replay -> BrowserDlg* api calls are added to the script.

but(!) if the dialog boxes do not show up with the chrome and ff you'll get warnings, errors, timeouts when using these and you'll have to do add some script code to exclude functions when using chrome or ff such as

if BrowserGetBrowserType() = BROWSER_BROWSERTYPE_EMBEDDED_IE then
  // execute IE specific code
else
  // do nothing, skip IE specific code
end;

i'd recommend to configure IE to run your scenario to not show any warnings.

0 Likes
Highlighted
ruthan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Colleagues are using some remote dedicated controller machine and just told me, they gave up in mission to try to run scripts from local machines. Im new guy, who is just evaluation present solution and has to deceide if we will still using Silk, or we will switch to Jmeter or its clones..
This problem and in combination that some scripts are IE only realy doesnt generate some plus points for Silk.

On remote is Win7x64 / IE9, i have IE11.

ReRecord - i just need to evaluate and the script.

Firefox / Chrome - there are not certificate related dialog boxes, just some elements are not found - so script is considered as IE only. I checked script in code i dont see any IE specific settings.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi there. If you have fully qualified eval version, you can contact your MF sales contact and log a support incident.

In the short term, you need to have your IE configured so that it never have to manually bypass warnings (even without the recorder).

Besides the option Udo mentioned above, also try unchecking 'Check for server certificate revocation*'.

If that does not help, you'll need to have a look at the certificate being presented and decide how to deal with it.

For example it's a self signed certificate without a valid CA, import that into your IEs trusted root CA store.

View the cert in IE | Install certificate | Next | Place all certificates in the following store | Trusted Root Certificate Authority. Click next and Finish, then click Yes to accept the security warning. Try accessing the site again to see if the warning is gone.

Hope this helps,

Ciaran.
0 Likes
ruthan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Im working for quite big company, which has big SilkPerformer licence, im working for some local side company.. and im here 5th day and my task to continue with Performance testing and i just want to run some older script on my machine.. with Silk 19.5.. guys are using Silk 18.5 I really dont now details about licence, if we still paying for support maintence etc..
0 Likes
ruthan Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Otherwise i tried new IE setting, still nothing, unless i have to reboot computer or something like, i already imported 4 cerf files and checked that are on same place as on remote generators.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.