Highlighted
NeilHK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

SilkPerformer v17.5 - Recorder does not capture any events

I've recently installed v17.5 and noticed that no events are captured in the recorder for any Browser (IE, Chrome, Firefox).

The recorder does work for the SilkPerformer simulated browser.

I have checked all ports, no conflicts, agents are running. checked all my registry keys.

The only thing I have found (or not found) is that qaphooks.dll does not exist on my computer. Not sure if this is still required or not.

Any ideas? 

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: SilkPerformer v17.5 - Recorder does not capture any events

Hi Neil,
What is your operating system for SilkPerformer?
Please refer to the following KB article:
community.microfocus.com/.../zero-functions-are-recorded-when-recording-a-web-application-in-a-browser
Let us know if that helps.
Regards,
Mihir
0 Likes
NeilHK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thanks Mihir, I've read through and tried all that already but no luck.

Running Windows10 on a Surface Pro
0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Is it Surface Pro 4? Windows Home or ? 32 or 64 bit?
Do you have UEFI [Unified Extensible Firmware Interface] Secure Boot enabled? If so, you may need to disable this setting. To disable UEFI Secure Boot following link may be helpful:
www.windowspasswordsrecovery.com/.../how-to-disable-uefi-secure-boot-in-windows-8-1-8.html
0 Likes
Arica_Li Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Neil

I met the exact same issue as you couple days ago. I solved the problem by disable the UEFI Secure Boot and reinstall the SP.

Thanks
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.