Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Silverlight Application

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am testing an application built using Silverlight. but my issue is when I launch the application through the recorder , I get a certificate error. However much I have tried to import / save the Borland IRCA into the browser certificate list / or use certificate option in the system settings in recorder ,  I simply cannot launch the application from the recorder. it gives certificate error in the address bar and the page itself is white as milk with nothing loaded..

I need some suggestions please...

PS I am using SP15.5 , IE11  and chrome latest patch

Thanks

Arka

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

hi

try the advice in this article:

Dynamic SSL Certificate Generation

This is enabled by default in SP16 onwards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
4 Replies

hi

try the advice in this article:

Dynamic SSL Certificate Generation

This is enabled by default in SP16 onwards.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jonny response may indeed be the way to go.

For me,  90% of my cert (windows) problems have been solved by opening up certmgr.msc  and manually importing the Borland certs into the "trusted root authority"

borland server cert.cer

borland_recorder_cert.cer

The borland certs are provided in the install.

0 Likes
Cadet 2nd Class Cadet 2nd Class
Cadet 2nd Class

Thanks Jonny for the artcile. It has helped mitigate the certificate issue.  However now i am stuck at 2nd level. In the launch page , when u enter the userID , the request is sent back to the ADFS servers located behind a firewall .When i enter the userID (user id pattern is username@companydomain.com ) the authentication is done to determine the company domain , I am getting page time out thorugh recorder but manually it is working fine.

0 Likes

If you are not already doing so please use Silk Performer 16 as this contains a slightly different recording behaviour for web applications and I would not expect this to occur.  

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.