Highlighted
kkyy Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

StExecuteTestcase Timer

Hi All,

We are planning to do GUI-Level performance load testing.  There is the below function to execute the test case writing in Silk Test Classic.

StExecuteTestcase("scriptFile.t", "testcase", "\" testdata\",10", "MyTimer1");

For the last parameter "sTimer" which is the "MyTimer1" in this case, as per the description in the online documentation, we have few questions.

"The name of the timer for the StExecuteTestcase function. The timer starts when Silk Test gets the information to execute a testcase and stops when Silk Test finishes the execution.

1) Is it only one timer can be used for every one of the Silk Test case execute through StExecuteTestcase?  Can a multiple timers be used?

2) Is the timer automatically generate from the starting execution of a test case, and end at the execution of the test case?

3) If I have the following timer (navAllLinksTimer) in my Silk Test test case, how to report this timer back to Silk Performer.  It seems it doesn't work if I simply put it as the last parameter in the StExecuteTestcase function.

HTIMER navAllLinksTimer
navAllLinksTimer = TimerCreate ()

// Navigate through all the links
 TimerStart (navAllLinksTimer)
  ..... Click a link
 TimerPause (navAllLinksTimer)
 sleep(2)
 TimerResume (navAllLinksTimer)

..... Click 2nd link

TimerStop (navAllLinksTimer)

Thank you for any comments!

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.