ajl2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Starting Silk Performer from the Command Line

Jump to solution

I've been using this as a reference, among others:

http://documentation.microfocus.com/help/index.jsp?topic=%2Fcom.microfocus.silkperformer.doc%2FSILKPERF-22DB5B20-STARTINGFROMCOMMANDLINE-TSK.html

If I run this, it works OK.

c:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Performer 15.5>performer C:\Repository\ClientServer\Projects\RSChoice\RSChoice.ltp /Automation 3 /WL:LoadTest48Users

If I run this:

c:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Performer 15.5>performer C:\Repository\ClientServer\Projects\RSChoice\RSChoice.ltp /Automation 3 /WL:LoadTest48Users /nogui /noexit

I get this:

I am attempting to work on some continues integration by running my tests via scheduler following a new build. I'd like the test to run in the background without intervention. Oh, BTW I've tried several combinations of the commands listed above. Only the top one seems to work.

Any help is appreciated!

Thanks!

Tony

0 Likes
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Starting Silk Performer from the Command Line

Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

The full list of available parameters is here:

documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp

Have you considered evaluating Silk Central Test Manager to schedule your tests?

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
Highlighted
ajl2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Ah, OK so there really isn't a way to run these unattended? Oh, and no cash available for Test Manager 😉

Tony

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

You should be able to create batch files using the command line options and then call these batch files using the Windows scheduler as long as you time the tests so that each test will finish before the next test is due to start.

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

The full list of available parameters is here:

documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp

Have you considered evaluating Silk Central Test Manager to schedule your tests?

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
Highlighted
ajl2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Ah, OK so there really isn't a way to run these unattended? Oh, and no cash available for Test Manager 😉

Tony

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi Tony,

You should be able to create batch files using the command line options and then call these batch files using the Windows scheduler as long as you time the tests so that each test will finish before the next test is due to start.

Let me know if you have any problems with this.

Best Regards,

Neil

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.