sfeger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Synchronize Users at a specific part of the script

Jump to solution

I'm using SP15.5.

Is there a way that I can slowly load the users into the system and after X amount of time before they continue executing the script simultaneously?   I'm trying to replicate something like Ticket Sales.  The tickets do not go on sale until 8:00am but users can log into their account early.   So I'd like to ramp up 25 users per 15 seconds for example and then when 5 minutes have passed 500 users will try and purchase tickets. 

The script itself is simple, a record and paramaterized http script.  It has Init and Main, that's all.

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Synchronize Users at a specific part of the script

Jump to solution

Hi Scott

GlobalResourceEnter/release would be useful as would GlobalWaitFor - depending on your circumstances.  these functions are very easy to use but you should try them out and witness their behaviour to see if they are what you require.  

Example:

GlobalWaitFor("All users arrived", ALL_USERS);

This will create a point in the script which all users must hit and wait, once the final user arrives it releases them all at the same time.  You dont have to use Max_users, you can use a number instead.

0 Likes
3 Replies
sfeger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Would I be able to use Rendezvous?  If the last virtual user doesn't even start to run for 5 minutes would this work or does this only work for VUsers already running the script?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Scott

GlobalResourceEnter/release would be useful as would GlobalWaitFor - depending on your circumstances.  these functions are very easy to use but you should try them out and witness their behaviour to see if they are what you require.  

Example:

GlobalWaitFor("All users arrived", ALL_USERS);

This will create a point in the script which all users must hit and wait, once the final user arrives it releases them all at the same time.  You dont have to use Max_users, you can use a number instead.

0 Likes
sfeger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I ended up using GlobalWaitFor("All users arrived", ALL_USERS); and that worked great.

Thanks all

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.