Mark245 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Testing Web services

Hi,

I'm new to Silk Performer. I have been testing excessively in using BDLT to test web end to end. I'm trying to record a script to test web services. Which project is suitable for this script. I have no clue how to start this script any suggestion will be helpful.

Thanks,

Mark.

0 Likes
2 Replies
David Taggart Respected Contributor.
Respected Contributor.

RE: Testing Web services

Hi Mark, I found SoapUI to be useful for recording protocol-level communications with Silk Performer. You might read more about adding a new application profile at documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp
arkaonline
New Member.

RE: Testing Web services

Hi Mark.

you can actually write your own script after taking some help from SOAP UI to identify the required headers.

for a POST req u can use something like this

WebUrlPostBin(URL , Data, length of data to post , content type , waittime)

for a Get req you can use Weburl( ) .

for JSon Webservice you can use something like this

sData : string;
sData := "{\"username\":\""+psDriverID+"\","
"\"password\":\"123456\"}";

WebUrlPostBin("abc-perf.xyz.com/.../login",
bin(sData), STRING_COMPLETE, "application/json");

Please let me know if you have any more questions,,,,

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.