shippee Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Try Scripts fail, but test run passes

Jump to solution

I have a simple script on an AJAX heavy web site.  Both types of try scripts fail, telling me 'scrolling failed', or a button click failed, however a test run passes when I run a single user under the QUEUING workload with BROWSER_MODE_DISPLAY_VISIBLE as a BrowserStart option.  Any thoughts on this, or is it time to open a support incident? 

0 Likes
2 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Try Scripts fail, but test run passes

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Is it possible for you to log a support incident so that we may carry out full investigations into the behaviour?

Regards

Paul

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Just to close the loop on how we addressed the issue through the support case.

During a TryScript in Silk Performer (non-visible) we received various errors for a specific click, including BrowserEngine: 42 - scrolling error and BrowserEngine: 4 click failed.

By including a verification function, i.e. BrowserFind or BrowserVerifyProperty before the problematic call, we were able to run a successful TryScript.

Regards

Paul

0 Likes
8 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

try script runs are performed under the current users account, test runs may be started under a different user account.

did you do your test run on localhost?

0 Likes
shippee Frequent Contributor.
Frequent Contributor.

Jump to solution

Test run was run on localhost, no other agents were involved.

0 Likes
donbonin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

AJAX scripting was so badly broken in 15.0 that we could not use it.  I hope that is not the case here.  We had issues with window handles - the browser vusers would interact with the other vusers windows during a test run.  It was really interesting behavior.  Support said it was a known bug.  Everything was fine until we ran more than one user at a time during a test.

0 Likes
bwcole Trusted Contributor.
Trusted Contributor.

Jump to solution

Was the AJAX issues fixed in 15.5 or 16.0?  I'm trying to record/test a heavy AJAX application and getting a strange behavior toward the end of my script.

0 Likes
donbonin Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I'm not sure if my issue was addressed in 16.0

We are holding off on upgrading to 16 until it's had some time for bugs to surface.

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Is it possible for you to log a support incident so that we may carry out full investigations into the behaviour?

Regards

Paul

0 Likes
Highlighted
RodL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

>>We had issues with window handles - the browser vusers would interact

>>with the other vusers windows during a test run.  It was really interesting behavior.

This behavior is the same for all versions (workaround described in the article below), and occurs when the application opens a new window using the JavaScript function Window.open() and specifies a name for the new window  - it is the hardcoded name that causes the issue, default behavior is "_blank" and this works fine.

community.microfocus.com/.../19645.browserengine-29-invalid-locator-or-dom-element-handle-when-running-multiple-users.aspx

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi Steve,

Just to close the loop on how we addressed the issue through the support case.

During a TryScript in Silk Performer (non-visible) we received various errors for a specific click, including BrowserEngine: 42 - scrolling error and BrowserEngine: 4 click failed.

By including a verification function, i.e. BrowserFind or BrowserVerifyProperty before the problematic call, we were able to run a successful TryScript.

Regards

Paul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.