ShashiK Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Using SilkPerformer with Chrome

Jump to solution

hi,

I am trying to use SP 10.0 with Chrome. I cannot use IE as the application i am trying to test has compatibility issues with IE.

SP works fine when i am using it with IE. However the record function is not working when i use it with Chrome.

It is simply not capturing the functions.

Does this have anything to do with incorrect hooking?

Has anyone faced this problem before.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Using SilkPerformer with Chrome

Jump to solution

Hi ShashiK,

I see that you had a support case opened with Marcos who resolved the issue.

Regards

Paul

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi  ShashiK,

Are you able to record against any application in Chrome? For example, can you record against http://demo.borland.com? Or is the problem specific to one application?

If it is an overall recording issue with Chrome, then the first item to check, would be to ensure that all instances of Chrome have been closed prior to recording in Silk Performer.

Open Task Manager and if you see any references to chrome.exe, close and then try recording again.

Please let me know if this helps.

Regards

Paul

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi ShashiK,

I see that you had a support case opened with Marcos who resolved the issue.

Regards

Paul

0 Likes
marcos2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Why using Version 10 when the current one is 15.5.?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Hi All,

For your information, how the issue was addressed, was to begin a recording in Internet Explorer, which subsequently recorded network traffic, then proceed to record in Chrome, which then in turn, led to a recording of the traffic.

Cheers

Paul

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.