Sujeet1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WebModifyHttpHeader with WEB_MODIFY_OPT_Add How it is supposed to work

Hi ,

Can anyone shed some light on this. How the native function WebModifyHttpHeader with WEB_MODIFY_OPT_Add is supposed to be handled by Silkperformer runtime.

I have observed that this function is go on adding the User defined header each time in each iteration which is having effect similar to x=x+ y where y being your User defined header.

I was expecting that whatever the referenced variable by runtime to store the http header tag should get reset prior to each iteration, however this isn't happening. I caught  into serious issues as after fixed number of iterations server was unable to read the http header with error code " HTTP 400 -Your browser sent a request that this server could not understand. Size of a request header field exceeds server limit.

I had fixed this using WebSetHttpHeader function instead of WebModifyHttpHeader , although wasn't aware before that this may lead to so many issues.

Regards,

Sujeet

Tags (1)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Marcel1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: WebModifyHttpHeader with WEB_MODIFY_OPT_Add How it is supposed to work

Hi Sujeet,

as outlined in the documentation, the WEB_MODIFY_OPT_Add option "Adds the specified header to the actual set of headers". To replace the header with the specified name, you should use the WEB_MODIFY_OPT_RemoveAdd option, which is the default and "Removes all headers with the specified name and adds the specified sHeader – sValue pair".

Regards,

Marcel

Documentation Manager - Micro Focus

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.