mary96 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

WebPageParseUrl Command

Hi everybody,

I am new to Silk Performer so I m sorry about my probably stupid question. Can someone explain WebPageParseUrl command and when we use it? I am going through a sample script but I dont understand why we use this command and when we should use it . 

The code snippet is:

WebPageParseUrl("url", "url: '", "'", WEB_FLAG_IGNORE_WHITE_SPACE);
WebParseDataBoundEx(sParseUPCValue, STRING_COMPLETE, ToEncoding("id=\"UPC\" value=\""), 1, ToEncoding("\""),
WEB_FLAG_IGNORE_WHITE_SPACE | WEB_FLAG_CASE_SENSITIVE, 1);
WebParseDataBoundEx(sParseVariantID, STRING_COMPLETE, ToEncoding("id=\"VariantID\" value=\""), 1, ToEncoding("\""),
WEB_FLAG_IGNORE_WHITE_SPACE | WEB_FLAG_CASE_SENSITIVE, 1);
WebPageLink(sLinkName, "Product Detail Page "+sLinkName);
WebPageStoreContext(hWebStoredCtx_Item);

I really appreciate if someone explain what these lines do? 

Thanks.

Tags (2)
0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
RodL Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: WebPageParseUrl Command

Don’t worry this is added by the recorder automatically.

To paraphrase help:

Placing WebPageParseUrl before a page-level API call results in additional “parsing rules” being applied during downloading of the page.

It modifies the html-parser to find additional hyperlinks (for subsequent WebPageLink functions) and URLs, which can be used in subsequent WebPageSetActionUrl or WebPageQueryParsedUrl commands.

There is a more advanced doc on “Advanced Context Management Techniques”  here

documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp

cheers

Rod

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.