Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

if statement in silk performer 15.0

Jump to solution

Hello, I am new to silk performer or performance testing itself, so please help me.

I have a scenario in which  the script actually log into an account does something and logs out. but when the password is wrong then i want the script to fetch a different password and try to login to it, Is this something possible to do?

Kind regards &thanks

Arwin

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: if statement in silk performer 15.0

Jump to solution

The answer is, in general, yes. But it all depends on how you wish to do it and how the web page behaves.

You will need to detect for a successful login and failed login reliably. Then you can first check for a successful login. If not successful, you can fetch the next password from your input file and try it again. Some web site puts you back to the initial screen while some others go back to the same page asking for the password again. Silk Performer is very flexible and completely programmable to achieve exactly what you need.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: if statement in silk performer 15.0

Jump to solution

The answer is, in general, yes. But it all depends on how you wish to do it and how the web page behaves.

You will need to detect for a successful login and failed login reliably. Then you can first check for a successful login. If not successful, you can fetch the next password from your input file and try it again. Some web site puts you back to the initial screen while some others go back to the same page asking for the password again. Silk Performer is very flexible and completely programmable to achieve exactly what you need.

View solution in original post

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.