Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

script customize

Hello,

I am new to silk performer. i am able to do 'model script' and create a script. however, to get a script 'perf test' ready requires customization, as you know. I have sent the scripts to our people offshore for this. I have studied the differences between the scripts i have created with model script and what has come back from the script developers. I have spent alot of time thinking, where did they come up with that. is there a book/manual/programmers guide about how to update scripts to make them test ready?

thanks,

0 Likes
3 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: script customize

Hi there. This could be a good article for the wider community to comment on.....and how you guys do it in the real world.

From a Support perspective we'd recommend to have a look at the Web Load Testing guide ("C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Silk Performer 16.0\Doc\silkperformer-160-webloadtestingtutorial-en.pdf"). There's a section called 'Customizing Test Scripts' which explains the basic requirements for identifying and dealing with session related data (which expires between user sessions).

The TrueLog Explorer User guide also includes details how you can handle most session IDs via the built-in session handling wizard (C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\Shared Files\Silk TrueLog Explorer 16.0\Doc\silkperformer-160-truelogexplorer-en.pdf).

We also have a free web training guide here - trainingstore.microfocus.com/catalog.php as well as some videos in the wiki - community.microfocus.com/.../610.using-the-customize-session-handling-wizard-in-truelog-explorer-video.aspx.

I hope this helps but if you've any other questions please feel free to ask.

Best regards,

Ciaran.

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

hello, thanks for your response. i have reviewed your suggestions. i would like to see a programmers quide that explains the internal workings of a script. after looking at scripts that have come back from our developers, i don't understand why they coded what they did at the place in script.

thanks,

0 Likes
Highlighted
Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Please post a snip of code that you want us to look at - someone here will help explain.  Try to include as much context as possible, not just a single line of code.

Thanks!

Don

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.