Community in read only mode June 18 & 19
This community will be set in READ ONLY mode for a while on Tuesday June 18 into Wednesday June 19 while we import content and users from our Micro Focus Forums community site. MORE INFORMATION

New Course: Silk4NET C# Scripting Essentials (SLK410)

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor
0 4 516

Featuring a brand new Instructor Led Training Course aimed for developers who wish to harness the power of Visual Studio (C#), using the Silk4NET plugin.

The following modules are covered:

• Module 1: Course introduction
• Module 2: Introduction to Silk4NET
• Module 3: Creating a Silk4NET project
• Module 4: Managing Application Configurations
• Module 5: Recording a test 
• Module 6: Object recognition
• Module 7: Adding verification
• Module 8: Play back tests and analyze results
• Module 9: Testing Web applications on mobile browsers
• Module 10: Example: Cross-browser testing
• Module 11: Wrap-up Exercises
• Wrap-up Assessment

See more information on the Course and the Course Outline for more information.

4 Comments
Prasanna1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hi Paul,

Just a quick question please, we currently use Silk for our automation testing. I'm planning to learn about silk4net from here:www.microfocus.com/.../

I assume the course is free, but when I click on subsections, nothing appears. Wondering if I have to do anything to have access?

thanks in advance,

Prasanna

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Prasanna

the course you refer to is the free version, which has been around for a while now and has not been updated for a long time. This newer version is a fully featured 1 day Instructor Led Course, along with a lab and assessment, this would be the recommended route for learning about Silk4Net, it is a chargeable course.

More information can be found here: admin.viewcentral.com/.../MF-Outline-SLK_410.pdf

If you still want to access the free course, then you will need create an account on the ondemand website, then you will be able to access the content.

Prasanna1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Thank you Paul for quick response.  I did create an account and login but still no luck.  

Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hello Prasanna

I am not sure what you mean what happens when you logged on as the user what steps did you follow and what result did you get?

Paul

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.