Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
HGrube Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Handling of CarriageReturn in captured text in a visual test

Jump to solution

Hello community,

I have the following problem in my Visual Tests:.

I have a captured text from an dialog which is stored in a local variable. The text in the dialog flows over two or more lines. So the captured text includes one ore more Carriage Return chars. I would like to eliminate these characters. With "normal" characters it is no problem to use the Replace function in an expression like Replace(localText1,"old text", "new text") or Replace(localText1,"old text", ""). 

Does anyone knows a trick (without leaving the Visual Tests and using a VB .NET test script)?

Kind regards

Holger

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Handling of CarriageReturn in captured text in a visual test

Jump to solution

Oops, I didn't read your message properly, unfortunately Visual tests have no ability to handle non-printable characters.  I suggest you request this as an enhancement.

//*eggbox
0 Likes
5 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

Oops, I didn't read your message properly, unfortunately Visual tests have no ability to handle non-printable characters.  I suggest you request this as an enhancement.

//*eggbox
0 Likes
HGrube Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello //*eggbox, hello community administrators,

I tried to launch a Feature Request but was told that "You have run out of votes".

How is it possible to launch a feature request without voting?

There are several requests without votes.

Regards

Holger

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution

I checked with someone here and they tell me that you should be able to add a new feature without giving it any votes, are you sure you are signed in?

//*eggbox
0 Likes
HGrube Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello eggbox,

my full name is represented in the right top corner (followed by "Stay signed in"). Yes, I am signed in (I think so).

Filling in the subject and the body text in the text fields the button "1" (vote) is automatically selected. After pushing the button "Post idea" the message "You have run out of votes" is represented.

Regards

Holger

0 Likes
HGrube Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

Hello eggbox,

a feature request "Abitlity to handle non-printable characters in Visual Tests" has been raised (see borland.uservoice.com/.../3159336-abitlity-to-handle-non-printable-characters-in-vis ).

Regards

Holger

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.