Creating a new Access database in SilkTest Workbench
By default, SilkTest Workbench will install an instance of a Microsoft Access database if it is not specifically told to connect to an SQL database or to an Oracle database. Access has a 2Gb limit; it is preferable to transfer to a full database rather than create a new Access database but there are occasions where this is not immediately possible.
1. Go to Start | All Programs | Silk | SilkTest | Administration | Database Maintenance
2. File | New Database | Access
3. Enter a new DSN name
4. Enter a new database name (including the full path to where the database is to be created)
5. Click 'Create'
6. Click 'Unlock Records'
7. File | Exit
Start SilkTest Workbench. Do not log in.
1. Select 'Configure'
2. Select the 'Access' radio button
3. Select your new DSN from the dropdown list
4. Check 'Use as a SilkTest Workbench database'
Under the Database Settings dialog you should see the path to the database you have just created.
5. Click 'Validate'. You should get a confirmation message.
6. Click 'Apply'. You should get another confirmation dialog. The new database will now be active.
7. Click 'Close' and login to Workbench.