Enabling the Silk Test crash dump variable
If you experience a Silk Test crash during testing, you will be required to gather a dump file in order for development to investigate the root cause of the problem.
In order for a crash dump to be generated, you will be required to enable the crash dump variable (SILKTEST_CREATE_CRASHDUMP). See steps below:-
1. Open Control Panel and choose System.
2. Click on "Advanced System Settings".
3. Under the "System Properties" dialog, click on the "Advanced" tab and select "Environment Variables".
4. Under "System Variables" select "New".
5. Enter Variable Name: SILKTEST_CREATE_CRASHDUMP
6. Give the variable a value of 1 and click ok.
7. Open Silk Test and reproduce the crash. When the crash occurs this should generate a dump file in the Silk Test logs directory. You can navigate to this directory by opening windows explorer and entering %LOCALAPPDATA%\silk\silktest.
8. Open the logs folder. The crash dump should be generated to this folder. Zip the entire contents of the logs folder and send to support.
See video below that demonstrates how to enable the Silk Test crash dump variable:-