How are variables passed from a Master plan to a Sub plan?
This following set-up relies on everything being run from the Master plan.
- The Master plan will pass the variables to the Sub plan.
- The Sub plan accepts the variables and passes them to the testcase.
- The testcase will accept the variables and process the values.
Within the Master plan file;
- Using the "$" symbol, create all the variables that are to be passed to any subsequent Sub plan files.
- Using the "include:" keyword add the Sub plan that will be called from the Master plan.
Within the Sub plan file;
- Using the "testdata:" keyword, make sure to add the variables/arguments being passed to the Sub plan.
- As usual, ensure that the correct testscript and testcase are associated.
Within the Test script;
- Inside the parenthesis, add the list of the variables/arguments that the function expects.
Old KB# 21674