Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How can I determine if a check box within a treeview is checked and if not can I check it?

How can I determine if a check box within a treeview is checked and if not can I check it?

Use either GetItemImageState() or GetItemImageIndex() methods to determine if this "icon" is checked.

For example if you got a returned value of 1, you could use the select or click method to click on the tree component and hence check the check box. This example is based on Internet Explorer " Tools/Internet Options/ Advanced "

iIndex = IE_Options.Advanced.Settings.GetItemImageIndex(2)
                         if iIndex == 1
                               //this will check this component because
                               //  the returned value tells us that it is unchecked
                   IE_Options.Advanced.Settings.Select ("The particular Component")

Therefore if the returned value is equal to 1 (Unchecked) SilkTest can be instructed to check this.

Should this fail on other examples, please add the following to the above code, where the spacebar will check the check box:

MyWin.Treeview1.Select ("My Seclection")
MyWin.Treeview1.TypeKeys ("")

Old KB# 22317

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:30
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.