How can I keep my application under test open after a Silk4Net test has completed?
Currently when a Silk4Net test completes, the Application Under Test will close.
If you have created a number of modularised Silk4Net tests against an application and require the Application Under Test to remain open after each test has completed a .runsettings file will need to be created.
Perform the steps below to create the required .runsettings file:
1) Add a new blank XML file to your Visual Studio solution and rename it to test.runsettings.
2) Within Visual Studio navigate to Test menu, choose Test Settings, click the option Select Test Settings File
3) When the Open Settings file dialog appears select the newly created .runsettings file and click open.
4) If the .runsettings file has not opened in the Visual Studio GUI for editing you can open the file by performing a double click on it in the solutions explorer:
5) Replace the current text of the file with the following text and save it:
<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>
<!-- MSTest adapter -->
Now rerun the test and the Application Under Test will no longer close once the test has completed.