Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How can I keep my application under test open after a Silk4Net test has completed?

How can I keep my application under test open after a Silk4Net test has completed?

Currently when a Silk4Net test completes, the Application Under Test will close.

If you have created a number of modularised Silk4Net tests against an application and require the Application Under Test to remain open after each test has completed a .runsettings file will need to be created.

Perform the steps below to create the required .runsettings file:

1) Add a new blank XML file to your Visual Studio solution and rename it to test.runsettings.

2) Within Visual Studio navigate to Test menu, choose Test Settings, click the option Select Test Settings File

3) When the Open Settings file dialog appears select the newly created .runsettings file and click open.

4) If the .runsettings file has not opened in the Visual Studio GUI for editing you can open the file by performing a double click on it in the solutions explorer:

5) Replace the current text of the file with the following text and save it:

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="utf-8"?>

<RunSettings>

<!-- MSTest adapter -->

<MSTest>

<KeepExecutorAliveAfterLegacyRun>True</KeepExecutorAliveAfterLegacyRun>

</MSTest>

</RunSettings>

Now rerun the test and the Application Under Test will no longer close once the test has completed.

Tags (3)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2015-05-01 14:46
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.