How can I manually install the SilkTest Silk4J Eclipse Plug-in?
If you have a supported version of Eclipse installed on your machine prior to installing SilkTest then the Silk4J Plug-in will be installed automatically (as long as the Silk4 check box is enabled during the install process). However if you have installed a supported (see the SilkTest Release Notes for further details) version of Eclipse post installation of SilkTest then you will have to manually install the Silk4J plug-in for Eclipse; this can be done as follows:
1. Ensure Eclipse is shutdown
2. Browse to the following directory: C:\Program Files\Silk\SilkTest\ng\Silk4J\eclipse
3. Copy the contents of the directory (the folders named “features” and “plugins”)
4. Paste the contents into the Eclipse root directory (for example: C:\Program Files\Eclipse 3.4\eclipse) which contains the same folders
features and plug-ins.
5. Start Eclipse and you will be able to use the Silk4J plug-in