How can I resolve the error "cannot find the path specified" when trying to start LinkTester from SilkTest?
The problem may be that you do not have a JVM set up in your machine path or you do not have a JVM installed on your machine. As of SilkTest 6.5, a JVM is no longer installed as a part of SilkTest.
The solution is to install a JVM from http://java.sun.com/downloads/.
Alternately, check that a valid JVM directory is listed in your PATH Environment Variable. To check your PATH variable:
- Click Start > Settings > Control Panel and double-click the System icon.
- On Windows2000 or XP, click the Advanced tab, then click Environment Variables.
- On Windows NT, click the Environment tab.
- Under User Variables or System Variables, search for the PATH variable. Select it, then click Edit.
- Enter the path to your JVM directory (for example, c:\program files\jvm\;), using a semi-colon to separate it from any other paths listed. Then click OK.
- Restart SilkTest.