Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

How can I tell if a customer is using a customized version of IE 6?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------
If you load Internet Explorer 6 click "About Internet Explorer" in the Help menu, this will load a dialog with information regarding the Internet Explorer browser. To determine if the browser has been customized check the version string which should look something like this:

6.0.2900.2180.xpsp_sp2_gdr.050301-1519

If this string is followed by one of the following sets of characters:

• IC
  • IS
  • CO

This indicates that this version of Internet Explorer has been customized with the "Microsoft Internet Explorer Administration Kit (IEAK)".

More information regarding this can be found in Microsoft Knowledge Base Article 164539.

Old KB# 20879

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:14
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.