How can I unpack my packaged project file and execute a Testcase through the command line?
When you package a project, SilkTest includes all of the source files, meaning the related files used by a project and bundles them up into
a new file with an .stp extension.
- I first exported and packaged the project "test.vtp" using SilkTest menu options "File" -> "Export Project" command. I exported the project into a folder called "C:\ExportFolder\" .
- Now you can run the command line below. This command line script will unpack the "test.stp" file into the C:\ExportFolder ( any folder would work ) and execute the "test.t" file
C:\Program Files\Segue\SilkTest>partner -proj C:\ExportFolderFolder\test.stp -base C:\ExportFolder -r C:\ExportFolderFolder\test.t
- -projOptional argument specifyng the project file or archived project to load when starting SilkTest or SilkTest Runtime.
- -baseThis is an optional argument to -proj. You use the base argument to specify the location where you want to unpack the package contents.
- -r Must be the last option specified, followed only by the name of a SilkTest file to open. This includes files such as script (and, optionally, arguments that the script takes), a suite, testplan, or link file.
For a complete list of partner command options look for the "partner command" in the SilkTest online help.