How can SilkTest dismiss the dialog that gets displayed before you open the GMO client server application?
When you first attempt to open the GMO client server application you will notice the following error displayed:
To get SilkTest to dismiss this dialog box above, please see the steps below:
- Close the GMO Client server application if it is running.
- Activate the dialog as shown above by going to Start -> Programs -> Green Mountain Outpost -> GMO
- In SilkTest open your frame (.inc) file.
- Record a declaration for the dialog box (shown above).
- Record > Window Declaration
- Press Ctrl + Alt
- Paste To Editor
- Click Close
- In your frame file uncomment the line const wStartup = ?
Replace the "?" with the name of the declaration for the dialog box above.
- Click so that the mouse pointer is just before the word wStartup
- Record > Method and select Invoke from the drop down
- Ensure that the dialog is open i.e; Start -> Programs -> Green Mountain Outpost -> GMO
- Click Start Recording
- On the Green Mountain Outpost dialog highlight it to set it active
- Click on the OK button to dismiss the dialog
- Click Done on the Record Status dialog
- Paste the method into the frame file
- In the code that you have just pasted in, click at the end of the word recording and add the following line:
- Save the changes to the file which should look similar to this;
- To run the default base state go to Run > Application State and select Default Base State from the list. You will now notice that the dialog is dismissed and the main Green Moutain Outpost window will be displayed.
Please see the following working frame (.inc) file. Yours should look similar to this.
Also see Resolution 13194 which explains how to set up the ODBC driver so the error does not occur in the first place.