How do I create a new property set in SilkTest?
Property sets allow you to save lists of classes and properties that are frequently tested.
To create a new Property Set:
- Select Options/Property Sets to invoke the Property Sets dialog box
- Click "New" to invoke the New Property Set dialog box
- Type in the name for your new property set
- Type the appropriate class into the Class textfield and the appropriate property into the Propertyfield, these must be created in pairs.
- by typing "*" in the Class field, you can indicate all classes for a specific property.
- by typing "*" into the Property field, you can indicate all properties for a specific class.
- you can also use the asteryx to select a subset of classes. For example, to select all HTML classes, type in HTML*.
- Make sure to click the "Add" button after each Class/Property pair so that they will be added to the list and appear in the listbox at the centre of the dialog box. The list indicates all pairs which are part of your new property set.
- Once you have successfully added all your Class/Property pairs, click on the "OK" button to finish. The new property set will then be written to the PROPSET.INI file, and will look like this;
[RuleSet: VerifyText_Homepage] HTMLText::$BackColor HTMLText::Enabled HTMLText::$Caption HTMLText::$FontStyle
You will be returned to the Property Set dialog box where you will see your newly created property set appear in the list;
To delete a Property Set
- Select Options/Property Sets, or the Define pushbutton on the Verify Window dialog.
- Select the name of the property set you want to delete from the Property Sets list box and then click "Remove".
- SilkTest prompts you to confirm the deletion. Click "Yes" to delete the property set.
- Click Close to dismiss the dialog.