How to use Silk Recorder Scripts in Silk Test Workbench VB.NET script.
There is no Silk Test Recorder to Silktest Workbench export functionality.
The following technique will demonstrate how you can reuse Silk Test Recorder code in Silk Test Workbench VB.NET.
To copy Silk Recorder steps/code over to a Silk Test Workbench VB.NET script you first need to enable the following setting:
- In Silk Test Recorder select Settings | Global Preferences | General
- Set Default Client to "Silk4NET(VB.NET)"
Then you can simply:
- Record your test
- Highlight the particular code steps which you need to export
- Copy the line/lines of code from the recorder tool to the windows clipboard (e.g. Ctrl+C or right mouse click and then select copy),
- And finally you can paste the content of the windows clipboard into the VB.NET script (e.g. Ctrl+V or right mouse click and select past).
- Before you can run the script in Silktest Workbench, you may need to:
- Add application configuration as needed (for the base state)
- Add any missing Import Statements at the very beginning of the VB.Net script (e.g. if you are working with web browsers add: Imports SilkTest.Ntf.Xbrowser)