I have had to reinstall Fire Fox and the Silk Test plugin is no longer installed. How can I reinstall the Silk test plugin for Fire Fox?

I have had to reinstall Fire Fox and the Silk Test plugin is no longer installed. How can I reinstall the Silk test plugin for Fire Fox?

We can manually install the FireFox plugin by performing the following steps:-

1) Save any open files in Silk Test and then proceed to Close Silk Test

2) Stop the Open Agent if it is running.  The Open Agent can be found in system tray, identified as a green square with the characters ‘OA’.  Perform a right click on the icon a and select the menu option ‘Stop Agent’.

3) Open the FireFox browser

4) Open the FireFox menu and select 'Add-ons'

5) Locate the 'cog' button beside the 'Search all Add-ons' text field

6) Click the button and select 'install Add-on from file'

7) Navigate to C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\SilkTest\ng\agent\plugins\com.borland.fastxd.techdomain.browser.agent_versionNumber\firefoxsilktestaddon and select the file 'silktestaddon.xpi'

(Where * denotes remaining version number of Silk Test )

😎 Click 'Open' from the 'Select Addon to install' dialog

9) On the software installation dialog click the 'Install’ button

10) Enable the FireFox extension

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2016-05-13 18:26
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.