Silk Test does not list the Firefox browser as an available application to test against.
Silk Test retrieves a list of the installed browsers from the registry key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths
If an installed browser is not listed by Silk Test for recording / playback, please perform the following steps to resolve the issue:-
1) Close Silk Test
2) Open the Registry Editor
3) Navigate to the above registry key
4) Perform a right click on the folder ‘App Paths’ and select New -> Key
5) Create a new key named ‘firefox.exe’
6) Within the created key create a new ‘String’ value ‘Path’
7) Provide the installation path of the browser as the value
8) With the (Default) string value provide the installation path with executable name and extension e.g.
‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe’
The below image provides an example of a correct registry entry for the FireFox browser: