Silk Test does not list the Firefox browser as an available application to test against.
Silk Test retrieves a list of the installed browsers from the registry key:
- HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\App Paths
If an installed browser is not listed by Silk Test for recording / playback, please perform the following steps to resolve the issue:-
1) Close Silk Test
2) Open the Registry Editor
3) Navigate to the above registry key
4) Perform a right click on the folder ‘App Paths’ and select New -> Key
5) Create a new key named ‘firefox.exe’
6) Within the created key create a new ‘String’ value ‘Path’
7) Provide the installation path of the browser as the value
😎 With the (Default) string value provide the installation path with executable name and extension e.g.
‘C:\Program Files (x86)\Mozilla Firefox\firefox.exe’
The below image provides an example of a correct registry entry for the FireFox browser: