Silk Test is not using the Firefox profile I have specified in my basestate
When you specify a profile to be used with Silk Test (any client) during playback, a temporary anonymous profile is created and used for playback.
While it may appear that the specified profile is not used, this temporary profile is basically a copy of your specified profile, but with some differences specifically for Silk Test as noted below:
1) Some preferences of the profile will be modified E.g. the "Open new windows in a new tab instead" preference is always "false", even if the specified profile includes the value "true".
2) The browser will always start with "about:blank" as the URL. This is done to ensure the base state will navigate to the correct URL without having to wait for a start page or welcome page of the browser to load.
A good visual indicator which can help to quickly determine if your specified profile is being used is to change the theme used by the specified Firefox profile.
To get a theme for Firefox follow the steps below:-
- Navigate to the URL “about:addons”
- Select the “Get Add-ons” option on the left panel
- Scroll down the page and locate the “Featured Themes” section and click “See all” to browse the themes.
- Once you see a theme you wish to apply, hover the mouse over it and Click “Add”
Close all Firefox browsers and replay a test to ensure the correct profile is being used during playback. If you encounter issue please create a support incident and an engineer will be more than happy to assist you with any queries / issues you may have.