Silk Test is not using the Firefox profile I have specified in my basestate

Silk Test is not using the Firefox profile I have specified in my basestate

When you specify a profile to be used with Silk Test (any client) during playback, a temporary anonymous profile is created and used for playback.

While it may appear that the specified profile is not used, this temporary profile is basically a copy of your specified profile, but with some differences specifically for Silk Test as noted below:

1) Some preferences of the profile will be modified E.g. the "Open new windows in a new tab instead" preference is always "false", even if the specified profile includes the value "true".

2) The browser will always start with "about:blank" as the URL. This is done to ensure the base state will navigate to the correct URL without having to wait for a start page or welcome page of the browser to load.

A good visual indicator which can help to quickly determine if your specified profile is being used is to change the theme used by the specified Firefox profile.

To get a theme for Firefox follow the steps below:-

• Navigate to the URL “about:addons
  • Select the “Get Add-ons” option on the left panel

• Scroll down the page and locate the “Featured Themes” section and click “See all” to browse the themes.
  • Once you see a theme you wish to apply, hover the mouse over it and Click “Add

Close all Firefox browsers and replay a test to ensure the correct profile is being used during playback. If you encounter issue please create a support incident and an engineer will be more than happy to assist you with any queries / issues you may have.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2016-11-01 09:37
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.