Silk Test is unable to sync with my application correctly which contains an embedded Internet Explorer browser.
There is a registry key which we can set which can positively impact the behaviour of Silk Test with an application which uses an embedded IE browser. Please see the steps below:-
1) Close Silk Test and the Application Under Test
2) Click the Start button on the Windows desktop
3) Enter 'regedit' into the search or run textfield and press the enter key to to open the registry editor
If 32 bit machine:
Navigate to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MEMPROTECT_MODE
If 64 bit machine:
Navigate HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\MAIN\FeatureControl\FEATURE_MEMPROTECT_MODE
4) Create a new Dword value, specify the application's .exe name, e.g.
"myapplication.exe" and the value of the setting, 0 to disable it.
5) Repeat steps 2-3 for the following registry path:
You may need to create the key FEATURE_MEMPROTECT_MODE if it does not already exist.
6) Start Silk Test and confirm the issue is resolved. If issue persists please raise a new support incident.