When I execute a test against Google Chrome I receive the following error:
"Unrecoverable error occurred, automation support stopped working." How can I resolve this?
If your are running the latest released version of Silk Test, you will be required to reinstall Google Chrome and the Silk Test extension to resolve the issue. To reinstall Google Chrome, please perform the following actions:-
1) If using Windows 7, Click the windows icon button on the task bar
2) Within the 'search programs and files' text field, Type 'appwiz.cpl' and press Enter.
3) Within the program list window , locate the 'search programs and files' text field and type 'Google Chrome'
4) Click 'Google Chrome' from the table
5) Click 'Uninstall'
6) Navigate to the following directories and delete the folders named 'Chrome'
ii. C:\Program Files\Google\Chrome (On x86 machine) or
C:\Program Files(x86)\Google\Chrome (on x64 machine)
7) Google Chrome can be installed by navigating to the below link and clicking the 'Download Chrome' button :
😎 Once Chrome is reinstalled you will need to reinstall the Silk Test extension, navigate to the following link within the Chrome browser:-
9) Check the 'Developer Mode' Check box
10) Click the 'Load unpacked extension' button
11) With the 'Browse For Folder' dialog open navigate to the below location:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Silk\SilkTest\ng\agent\plugins\com.borland.fastxd.techdomain.browser.agent_versionNumber
12) Click the 'ChromeJunctionExtension' folder followed by the 'OK' button
13) Ensure the Silk Test Chrome Extension is enabled as below.