Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

When exporting a project and data source that uses data driven testcases how can I update the gsDSNConnect string without altering my SilkTest scripts?

When exporting a project and data source that uses data driven testcases how can I update the gsDSNConnect string without altering my SilkTest scripts?

In a data-driven testcase you will specify the directory path for the gsDSNConnect String. See below:-

[ ] STRING DIR1 = "C:\Data Driven TestCase\Example.xls"
[ ] STRING gsDSNConnect = "DSN=SysDB DDA Excel;DBQ={DIR1};UID=;PWD=;"

If you export this project and data source to another location (Eg- "C:\Data Driven TestCase2\Example.xls"), this testcase will not run as the path of the data source will now be invalid.

There is a workaround to this by using the GetProgramDir() function, which returns the directory of the script that is running.

Using this in the example below, you would not need to use the full directory path of the excel file, only the name. See example below:-

[ ] STRING DIR2 = GetProgramDir ( )
[ ] STRING gsDSNConnect = "DSN=Sysdb DDA Excel;DBQ={DIR2}\Example.xls;UID=;PWD=;"

This will only work if the data source is saved in the same directory as the script files.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:37
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.