When installing Silk Test I get the error message "Severe Error: The directory structure to hold the license files could not be created", why?
This error message may also be accompanied by the error message: “SEVERE ERROR: An error occurred while writing the license files …”
These errors occur because the local SILK_CONFIG_PATH environment variable has a duplicate value and needs to be set to the directory of Silk Meter.
To resolve this issue:
- Right-click on My Computer and select Properties
- Click on the Advanced tab
- Click on Environment Variables
- Select SILK_CONFIG_PATH from within the System variables window and click Edit
- Set the Variable Value to the Cfg directory within Silk Meter i.e. C:\Program Files\Borland\SilkMeter\Cfg
- Click OK 3 times until the System Properties Window in closed
- Go To START | PROGRAMS | BORLAND | SILK TEST 2008 | ADMINISTRATION TOOLS | SILK STANDALONE LICENSE INSTALLER and re-import the licence file
- Click ok and open Silk Test