Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why am I unable to update or edit my Master Plan?

Why am I unable to update or edit my Master Plan?

When first opened, a Master Plan and its related Sub plans are Read-Only. This allows many users to open, read, run, and generate reports on the plan. When you need to actually edit the Master Plan or a Sub plan, you must first acquire a lock, which prevents others from making changes that conflict with your changes.

If you look at your Master Plan and see a grey bar running down the left-hand side of the plan, then you will know that the plan is currently in a Read-Only mode. To acquire a lock, go to Include\Acquire Lock. You will notice that the grey bar will now be yellow and you are in Edit mode.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:21
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.