Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why can`t I select a space " " from my VBComboBox when using Silk Test?

Why can`t I select a space " " from my VBComboBox when using Silk Test?

I get an error message the item space " " was not found even though the space " " is listed in the contents of the Combo.

[ ] wWindow.Select (" ")
  [-] wWindow.VerifyProperties ({...})
     [ ] ""
     [-] {...}
       [ ] {"Contents",             [LIST OF  STRING] {" ", "1", "2", "5"}}
       [ ] {"Text",                 " "}

Results:- Error message (Item " " was not found)

This error occurs as the developer has used the style property for the Combo Box of "2-Dropdown List", which means that text cannot be entered in the text field. If the VB code is modified to use a "0-Dropdown Combo" then the selection of " " will work.

If you must use "2-Dropdown List" style for the VBCombo then you will have to use the Select() method with an index e.g.

wWindow.Select (1)

not

wWindow.Select (" ")

The assumption, is that the position of " " is always the first one. If this is not the case and the " " can occur anywhere in the list, then you will need to generate a coded solution to this selection issue.

Tags (2)

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:28
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.