Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why do I receive the error: *** Error: Incompatible types -- Number of list elements exceeds number of fields, when I run a data driven testcase?

Why do I receive the error: *** Error: Incompatible types -- Number of list elements exceeds number of fields, when I run a data driven testcase?

This error will usually indicate that your data source has been changed so that the record structure in SilkTest that reflects the data source no longer matches the data source structure. You will need to update your records structure to take into account the additional information in your data source.

For Example:
You have a record structure as follows:

[-] type REC_ExcelDS_ is record
        [ ] STRING Card  
        [ ] STRING FirstName  //Tran Type, 
        [ ] STRING LastName  //Terminal ID, 

Adding an extra column of information, such as Address, in an Excel document data source, would require you to update the record structure in SilkTest, by adding a field to the record, to account for this extra column.

Therefore your record would then look like:

[-] type REC_ExcelDS_ is record
        [ ] STRING Card
        [ ] STRING FirstName
        [ ] STRING LastName
        [ ] STRING Address

If your data source file has no additional information and you receive this error it may indicate a corruption of the data source. Recreate your data source and update your data sources via the Windows Administrative Tools to point to the recreated data source.

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:14
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.