Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE

Why do I receive the error " Cannot replace a BOOLEAN by a STRING record field"?

Why do I receive the error " Cannot replace a BOOLEAN by a STRING record field"?

Problem:

Resolution:

QUESTION
----------------------------------

ANSWER
----------------------------------

You can receive this error when working with the Find/Replace Values dialog while creating data-driven tests.

The Find/Replace Values dialog helps you find and replace values in a testcase with links to values in tables and columns.

When SilkTest reads from a cvs file, it doesn"t distinguish between Boolean and string values. When you try to do a "Replace value with" action, you get the error as you are attempting to replace a Boolean in your script ( below, "TRUE" ) with a String from the file ( "State" )

SilkTest normally checks to make sure that the values you are replacing with are valid. However, you can turn this validation off by un-checking

"Edit" -> "Data Driven" -> "Validate Replacements"

or by right-clicking and un-checking "Validate Replacements".

This will then allow you to continue testing.

Old KB# 21058

DISCLAIMER:

Some content on Community Tips & Information pages is not officially supported by Micro Focus. Please refer to our Terms of Use for more detail.
Top Contributors
Version history
Revision #:
1 of 1
Last update:
‎2013-02-15 19:16
Updated by:

The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.