Why will the "Test" button on the "Test Extension Settings" dialogbox not enable when I am testing IE DOM with SilkTest?
This problem can be related to an incorrect value for "qaphooks.dll" in the machine"s registry. The value for the registry entry "AppInit_DLLs" must be "qaphooks.dll" with no additional characters. If the value has "qaphooks.dll" followed by a semi-colon (i.e. ;), then delete the semi-colon.
1. Open the Registry Editor: Start > Run > regedit.
2. Search for "AppInit_DLLs": Edit > Find.
3. Double-Click on "AppInit_DLLs".
4. Ensure the Value Data is: qaphooks.dll
5. Remove additional characters, specifically any semi-colon character which may be present.
6. Click OK, close the Registry Editor and Reboot the machine.
SilkTest should now be able to hook into Internet Explorer DOM, enabling the extensions should result in the "Test" button being activated.