Highlighted
mojorero Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Code coverage

Hello,

there is the coverage tema, which I really think could help a lot the company I am working for, and I was not able to find a lot about it searching in Internet.

Is there any way to instrumentalize the binaries, so when the automatic tests are run, we can know which automated test covers which part of the code? Or even which path of the code.

Is there anything like this for manual tests?

Thank you very much in advance.

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Code coverage

Hi

Silk Test does not provide code coverage capabilities, however the Borland Test Management tool named "Silk Central" provides code coverage/analysis for Java and .NET applications.

You can read more about it here:

documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp

Silk Central also provides the ability to track and report on both automated and manual tests.

Hope this helps

John

0 Likes
mojorero Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Hello JohnLy. Thank you very much for your very quickly answer.

Is the tool you suggested also valid for java applications?

0 Likes
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Hi

Yes it provides code coverage for Java applications, you can try Silk Central by downloading it from here:

www.borland.com/.../silk-central

Thanks

John

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.