Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
Tokci123 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How copy password text value for comparison?

Hi All,

We have password box and we type password but after we type password I need to validate the password with value I provided.

Once I type password , its shown as **** so if I get Text property then I get ' ****   Show'

Application WPF

Password text box type: WPFTextBox

SilkTest : 17.5

Question: How should get text value of typed password ?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: How copy password text value for comparison?

Hi

From the screenshot, there appears to be a control "Show" which you can click on to display the actual password.

You could try clicking on this control to see if it displays the actual value which would then make it visible to Silk Test to retrieve the Text property from the TextBox.

Psuedo code:

1. Click 'Show'
2. Text = WPFTextBox.getProperty("Text")
3. If Text == Actual Value Then True

Or

1. Click 'Show'
2. Verification against Text Property of WPFTextBox returns True or False
0 Likes
Tokci123 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

When we click on Show , it will show password but once click event finished , the password disappears and ***** appear again, so we need to simulate Click and hold 'Show' and then get text property.

Which I am not sure , can be done.

Tokci
0 Likes
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

The method "Click" reproduces a full mouse press and release action. If you just want to press on "Show" without releasing the mouse button, you should use the method "PressMouse" instead.

documentation.microfocus.com/.../index.jsp
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.