Highlighted
AliceImmanuel Absent Member.
Absent Member.

How to validate PDF and Excel download using Silk 4J

Hi,

I am using Silk Test 17.5 and using the client Silk 4J. I would like to know, how I can script the download functionalities using Silk 4J? I have scenarios for PDF and Excel download and verification of the contents.

Appreciate your help in this.

Thanks,

Alice

Tags (3)
0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: How to validate PDF and Excel download using Silk 4J

Hi Alice,

To verify the contents of both PDF and Excel documents, you will likely need to investigate if there are any 3rd party libraries available that allow you to do this via Java. For example, to verify the contents of an Excel Workbook a library such as the Apache POI library can be used. You can review an example solution with the following article.

Regards

Robert

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: How to validate PDF and Excel download using Silk 4J

You can also use Silk4J + Foxit Reader to validate the content of a PDF file: community.microfocus.com/.../verifying-text-in-pdf-documents-with-foxit-reader
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.