Highlighted
robin_jain
New Member.

How to write the result (pass/Fail) of each test case in excel during run ??

Hi All 

please help in below issue , to update the test case pass /fail  result in one consolidated excel during execution (in last we have one excel dashboard how many pass and how many fail )

Problem statement :

I have excel file where I want to update the result of each test case (with test case name and status Pass/Fail ) during run time

If there any internal property that I can check during the last step of test case and decide whether test case was pass and fail 

I know how to read and write the excel but decide factor during the run is the problem

Any help is really appreciated.

0 Likes
6 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: How to write the result (pass/Fail) of each test case in excel during run ??

What Silk Test client are you using, Workbench, Silk4J, Silk4Net, or Classic?
//*eggbox
0 Likes
robin_jain
New Member.

RE: How to write the result (pass/Fail) of each test case in excel during run ??

Silk test Classic
0 Likes
lFoster Absent Member.
Absent Member.

I am also using SIlkTest Classic and am interested in the solution.
0 Likes
robin_jain
New Member.

[mention:de903b35d4ba4132a4e6961219b8afbc:e9ed411860ed4f2ba0265705b8793d05] sir any input here , your help is really appreciated.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Hi,

If you are using Silk Test Classic, you will want to override the DefaultTestCaseExit function with your own custom TestCaseExit function.

You will then be able to use functions such as GetTestCaseName(), ExceptData() to write the testcase name and error message to Excel.

See the attached example.

ResultWriter.zip

Let me know if this helps.

-Robert

0 Likes
robin_jain
New Member.

thanks Robert for your input and help I really appreciate 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.