sfeger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

IE8 Vertical Scroll

Jump to solution

I was attempting to create a quick script in visual script but I ran into a problem.  I need to click on a button which is not in view.  The website is using frames and the script fills in a form which causes the Submit button to be out of view.  Manually I just click on the scroll bar and scroll up.  What would be the best way for me to scroll up in the browser so that I can see and click on the button.

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
JohnG2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

RE: IE8 Vertical Scroll

Jump to solution

One way to scroll up in the browser would be to send a page up or home key press by inserting a new TypeKeys step in your visual test.  To do this, right click on the step before you want your new step, select Insert > Control From, choose from either screen preview or AUT, select the browser window and then the action list dialog will open, select TypeKeys from the action list, click OK, and in the newly created step properties enter <Home> or <PgUp><PgUp> into the keys value field, depending on if you want to send a home key press or 2 x page up key presses.

0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
JohnG2 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

One way to scroll up in the browser would be to send a page up or home key press by inserting a new TypeKeys step in your visual test.  To do this, right click on the step before you want your new step, select Insert > Control From, choose from either screen preview or AUT, select the browser window and then the action list dialog will open, select TypeKeys from the action list, click OK, and in the newly created step properties enter <Home> or <PgUp><PgUp> into the keys value field, depending on if you want to send a home key press or 2 x page up key presses.

0 Likes
sfeger Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution

I ended up entering <#PgUp>.  For some odd reason <PgUp> would not work.  Thanks.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.