Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
garecanbp Contributor.
Contributor.

Increasing playback speed

Hi all,

I am testing mobile test (Visual Test) on Silk Test Workbench with Silk Test 19.5 and the playback is slower than manual testing.

I have set the playback mode to Low Level and reduced the timing options.

On the asset, I only used few delays and Wait for Object on critical step.

What should I do next to increase the playback speed?

0 Likes
4 Replies
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Increasing playback speed

Hi garecanbp,

When running Visual Tests both 'Control' and 'Screen Capture' are enabled by default. Effectively this means that for every step in youe test, a screenshot of the window/control is catpured and saved to the Results asset. This can represent quite a significant overhead, especially for longer tests. You should see a noticeable performance improvement if you disable both Screen and Control Capture in the following location:

> Tools | Options | Playback | Results | Visual Test - Screen Capture/Control Capture.

Please let me know if it helps.

Regards...

JohnM.
0 Likes
garecanbp Contributor.
Contributor.

Hi John,
Thanks for the repy, I have done that. The playback speed did increase but not significantly.
0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

What mobile platform are you testing? Which versions? What type of device? Is it physical or an emulator? Is it connected to a remote info service or to your local machine?

What type of application is it? (Native mobile or hybrid (web) app or mobile browser)
0 Likes
garecanbp Contributor.
Contributor.

It's physical device Samsung Galaxy Tab A8 on Android 7.1.1 and connected to my local machine
The application is hybrid app created with React Native
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.