garecanbp Super Contributor.
Super Contributor.

Keep asset version after duplicate

Is it possible to Silk Test to keep asset version when duplicating?

For example, there is Asset A with version 5 and I want to duplicate it to other project.

Could duplicated asset's version not begin from version 1 but from last version (in this case, version 5)

I use Silk Test Workbench 18.5

0 Likes
1 Reply
Highlighted
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor
Micro Focus Frequent Contributor

RE: Keep asset version after duplicate

Hi garecanbp,

Unfortunately I can only confirm that this is not possible - when you duplicate the Asset into another project, the copied Asset is always the first version in the destination project, regardless of it's version number in the original project.

You would have to copy every version of the Asset from the source the destination project, in order to assign it the same version number; but the Workbench will not allow you to do this. It will complain that the Asset already exists if you attempt to Duplicate a version of an Asset that already exists in the target project.

Best Regards...

JohnM.
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.