Minna Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Modal window and messagebox, running a test just hangs?

Jump to solution

I have a WPF-application and Silktest 17.5. If I have a modeless WPFDialog and open a MessageBox, everything goes well. But If I have a modal WPFWindow and open a MessageBox, the visual test or script just hangs, no errormessage.
What can be done?

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

RE: Modal window and messagebox, running a test just hangs?

Jump to solution
Hi

You could try and disable the synchronisation in Silk Test immediately prior to making the call to the modal window. You can do this by specifying the following option:

Agent.SetOption(Options.SyncTimeout,0)

If this doesn't help then please log a support incident via supportline@microfocus.com and we will have a look at the issue.

thanks,
John
0 Likes
2 Replies
Highlighted
Micro Focus Contributor
Micro Focus Contributor

Jump to solution
Hi

You could try and disable the synchronisation in Silk Test immediately prior to making the call to the modal window. You can do this by specifying the following option:

Agent.SetOption(Options.SyncTimeout,0)

If this doesn't help then please log a support incident via supportline@microfocus.com and we will have a look at the issue.

thanks,
John
0 Likes
Minna Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Thank you, that worked! I mostly use visual tests, so setting playback setting 'Synchronization timeout' to 0 did in visual test 🙂
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.