wille525 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Oracle Forms: the scrollbar up and down arrows can not be located seperatly

In Oracle Forms applications a table often has a scrollbar, that contains a up and down arrow, which helps to move up and down. In Silk4Net the object can only located as a entire object. When I want to click on the down (or up) button it seems I have to use a relative position from the scrollbar itself. is this correct. Is there a way to directly locate the up and down button in the scrollbar?

0 Likes
3 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Oracle Forms: the scrollbar up and down arrows can not be located seperatly

Hi,

you could try to use the API functions provided by the OracleFormsScrollbar class (GetRange, ScrollTo, …) to scroll to the desired position programmatically in your Silk4Net script.

Would that work for you?

Ralph

0 Likes
wille525 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

This will probably work, accept I want to make a generic method that will read any table.

When I use the relative position of a scrollbar I'm depended on coordinates of each individual table.

In that case I want to use the arrow down solution

0 Likes
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

I think you should even be able to achieve that, as long as you have access to the object to which the scroll bar belongs. In the Silk Test API, there is an interface called IOracleFormsScrollable which is implemented by the OracleFormsListBox, ListView, TedtField, … and which exposes the methods GetHorizontalScrollbar and GetVerticalScrollbar.

So you could write a method that takes an IOracleFormsScrollable object and performs whatever scrolling you need with its scrollbars, without having to actually calculate the coordinates of the scroll bars.

0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.