Having problems with your account or logging in?
A lot of changes are happening in the community right now. Some may affect you. READ MORE HERE
Highlighted
AaronK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Pop-up notification window object not found/ seen (Chrome)

Jump to solution

Hi,

I am running a .NET script test in Google Chrome.  There is a pop-up notification window that appears part way through the test.  I need to read the message on this notification window, and then click "Okay" to continue the testing.  I have this process working perfectly but at times, Silk Test cannot see this object and freezes in its test (no timeout or error message).  I can clearly see this notification window during the test but for some reason Silk Test does not pick up the object.

I suspect there is some sort of compatibility issue or incorrect setting because, most of the time, my script works as intended.

- Silk Test Standard: V. 17.5.0.8682

-Chrome: V. 61.0.3163.100 (64-bit)

Thanks in advance for any suggestions,

Aaron

0 Likes
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

RE: Pop-up notification window object not found/ seen (Chrome)

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is the pop-up notification in question a JavaScript alert?

If so, you should consider using Silk Tests cross-browser alert methods. For example:

If(_desktop.BrowserWindow("//BrowserWindow").IsAlertPresent())
     Dim alertText As String = _desktop.BrowserWindow("//BrowserWindow").GetAlertText()
     _desktop.BrowserWindow("//BrowserWindow").AcceptAlert()
End If

Let me know if this helps.

-Robert

0 Likes
2 Replies
Micro Focus Expert
Micro Focus Expert

Jump to solution

Hi,

Is the pop-up notification in question a JavaScript alert?

If so, you should consider using Silk Tests cross-browser alert methods. For example:

If(_desktop.BrowserWindow("//BrowserWindow").IsAlertPresent())
     Dim alertText As String = _desktop.BrowserWindow("//BrowserWindow").GetAlertText()
     _desktop.BrowserWindow("//BrowserWindow").AcceptAlert()
End If

Let me know if this helps.

-Robert

0 Likes
AaronK1 Absent Member.
Absent Member.

Jump to solution
Yes, I believe it is a javascript alert.

Your suggestion is appreciated. However, the problem in my situation is that i need to identify what the alert is saying so that i can determine if the alert is "successful" or "error". There is some logic surrounding this.

Thanks,

Aaron
0 Likes
The opinions expressed above are the personal opinions of the authors, not of Micro Focus. By using this site, you accept the Terms of Use and Rules of Participation. Certain versions of content ("Material") accessible here may contain branding from Hewlett-Packard Company (now HP Inc.) and Hewlett Packard Enterprise Company. As of September 1, 2017, the Material is now offered by Micro Focus, a separately owned and operated company. Any reference to the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks is historical in nature, and the HP and Hewlett Packard Enterprise/HPE marks are the property of their respective owners.